EP 201 - Bart Gets an F
|Bart Gets an F|
|Writer||David M. Stern|
|Created By||Matt Groening|
|Developed by||James L Brooks; Matt Groening; Sam Simon|
 Episode Summary
When Bart is in danger of failing the fourth grade he asks the class know-it-all, Martin Prince, for help. Martin will help him only if Bart helps him with his social skills. However, after martin becomes "cool" he forgets about helping Bart. Bart has an all night study session and God even grants him a snowday so he can study some more. Bart takes the test and ends up getting an F even though he tried his best. He ends up showing that he had some knowledge on the subject and his teacher grants him a D and Bart is estatic.
 Trivia and Notes
- This is the first episode where the title sequence is edited to have Mr. Burns and Smithers and a few of the older shots are gone. The school is now tan instead of blue.
- This is first episode where The Simpsons is on Thursday at 8.
- This is the first appearance of Mayor Diamond Joe Quimby.
- After Bart gets his wish of snow, the next day is disappears and reappears often.
- The director of this episode forgot to add the word 'Mayor' To Diamond Joe Quimby's plaque when he is giving the speech.